Monday, July 30, 2012

We're All There All the Time


The paradox is that in true interior ways, the only path to deep safety, that sea of inner peace, is through the shifting sands of risk. Risk opens safety. It doesn’t shut it down. Only through the risk to open can we inhabit and receive the strength and fullness of what is whole. 
Mark Nepo, The Book of Awakening
Last week at Silver Lake was a glorious peaceful one: sunny lush weather, friends to share meals and kayak paddles,  strong enough knees and body for hiking at that high elevation. Lurking in paradise raising their hands for attention were bits of myself I’ve worked to understand, calm and care for, bits I’ve tried to make brave over the years, tender doubts and insecurities that have been with me for a long time. Wherever I go, all of me goes along all the time. 
Baruch ata adonai be with me, help me to be willing to deal with blocks in my closeness with others, to widen my heart, to understand the difficulty that is mine and theirs. How can I open the way? Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment