Monday, August 12, 2013

A Different Kind of I'm Possible

Joy Up!! 

How could I not take an online class whose title alone seduced me. Day by day the inspirational and seductive Hannah Marcotti, took me from step to step to find my soul's longing, and amazing to me, those twelve days of Joy Up will be life changing. Last week's blog was written on day four. I began to think of joy as my soul's longing and explored ways to tap into what that might be. One of the projects was to do vision boards. The process is to get your precious head out of the equation and find pictures and words that sing to you, to your soul, which I'm only beginning to understand, to your heart, and then figure out why you've pasted them together. Perhaps you saw the article in Oprah where I found these pictures and words.


Drawing on my want list from last week's blog I wrote: "I'm Possible. I'll walk into a room knowing people love me or soon will (Byron Katie), wear lovely underpants (I bought a few), love my upper arms (I wear sleeveless shirts despite the skin drapery), love my workout and what I get from it, be beautiful and healthy. 

Next I made this vision board. The chief message for me: regret is poisonous. Here's how to ditch it.


Two days later, my vision board was titled "Ten Ways to Manifest a Different Kind of I'm Possible."
Number ten on this list: How to add more Ahhh-Ohhh to my life.


Yesterday this is what I wrote.
I want to wear a clown nose and dance and sing in my car so people think a party's going on. 
I want to live in a cozy cottage all my own that surrounds me like a sanctuary of tenderness and love. 
I want to focus on my joy until it finally seeps into my pores and out through my eyes, out through the lines in my face, until people ask me what my secret is.

Doesn't mean I've manifested this yet, but I do have a clear vision of me being like that one day soon. 

While looking for Ahhh Ohhh pictures, I found one that riveted me: a picture of a woman and a horse and a light glowing between them. I had to know more. Three hours later, I gave myself an incredible birthday present. I signed up and I felt incredible excitement. More excitement than fear. More surprise than excitement. A week after my birthday in September I'm going to do a workshop on Equine Therapy. I feel just like that little girl. This isn't a class on riding a horse. It's more like getting to a place where I can have a conversation with a horse. Google Koelle Simpson/equine therapy and imagine me there. Imagine you there too!


Only two pictures and a lot of writing. For now, this is my answer to my soul's yearning, my teacher. If you look on the bottom left, you'll see I'm also thinking I will submit a painting to the Stockton Art League's upcoming show. Amend that to I will. 

It has been an incredible twelve day journey. 

If you receive this by email, please click on the title, A Different Kind of I'm Possible, and read it again from there. I would so love for you to take a chance and begin to comment on my blog. I've figured out how to make it easier and asked a couple of frustrated readers to try it, and they've said, it's true. It's easy.  

Baruch ata adonai...I feel as though I've climbed a mountain. This ascent has been joyful. I'm pumping my fist. I look ahead at another steep incline and there I am. It's my head next to a horse's head and there is a lovely white light between us. More climbing to do. I love this. Thank you for being with me on this journey. Are you smiling? Amen


 

                                                                                             

10 comments:

  1. What fun....and so inspiring to find what's truly possible. Sounds like an incredible journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been an incredible journey. It started and continues with your online class. To both ways of learning I have been committed these past few weeks. I'm reading and rereading your post that came this morning, August 14. It's pulling me to pay attention to it.

      Delete
  2. I am smiling - with you and for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here I am at Klamath, Micron pen in hand starting my own 5 day art journey of the heart. This came as I was meditating on the starting point. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to see you here. I'm with you at Klamath, as long as it isn't cold and windy and rainy!

      Delete
  4. I am smiling as well...for you and for me, and for the joy of knowing that we can all choose to see Life differently. Happy Climbing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And when we see things differently, it is as if that path has been there all the time, waiting for us to open our eyes. Yes. Be happy climbing! thanks.

      Delete
  5. Joyful boards indeed! You are right, I found myself smiling at your journey. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah is offering another class on vision boards starting September 1. Wonder what I'll discover within myself then. Thanks for being there in BA smiling with me!

      Delete