Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Do What You Can Do

"Cease trying to work everything out with your minds. It will get you nowhere. Live by intuition and inspiration and let your whole life be revelation." Eileen Caddy 

Every morning I wander from bed to my computer to find out who I am. First thing in the morning, uncontaminated by world events or what my calendar directs me to do, I can begin anew, if I choose. No matter what, I treasure this part of my day. In these few minutes I find out if I'm hopeful, happy, weighed down by yesterday or willing to be adventurous and look at this day for what it is. If I feel off center, I meditate for a few minutes to even myself out, and then I pray to be able to deal with whatever comes my way.

Baruch ata adonai...I look at what I wrote and think I could have done better. The fact is I did what I could do. May I be generous with myself and others and remember we all do what we can do. Thank you for this quiet sunny morning, for the box of fresh vegetables on my door step, and for the opportunity to meet with old friends for lunch. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment