Wednesday, November 7, 2012

No More Than Anyone Else

No more than anyone else, I’m relieved it’s over, relieved not to be sickened each morning by the billions it has cost in this election cycle for so much hypocrisy, so much cynicism, for so many lies, for the same vacuous phrases repeated with so much sincerity. I take heart that more women have been elected to the senate. I take heart in the multicolored election night supporters who waited for the President to make an appearance in Chicago. I take heart that two more states support the right of gays to marry.

I wanted to write about something else, but I couldn’t while the election hangover sits like a mould crusted boulder in my path. I wish I had something else to say this morning. Right now, my imagination needs to be revived after so much sand bagging. 

Baruch ata adonai...I’m looking for positives this morning and I want to say how grateful I am for the farmers and for the organization that delivered a box of fresh vegetables to my front door at 4:30 AM, even though it woke up Gracie who didn’t stop barking. There are gorgeous beets, winter squash, fennel, onions, chard, leeks, kiwi waiting for me. The colors are intensely green and red. I want to bury my face in their freshness. Thank you for the integrity of those who provide fresh healthy food for my body. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment