Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Blessing of Friendship

“Existence takes on the character of a still-life in a Cezanne. There is a table. Upon the table, a plate. Upon the plate, some apples. Nothing else....There is more in these things than meets the eye: more than the simple individuality of each thing....It might even be that mystery is the very stuff of being: things, events, everything that happens and which we call life.” Romano Guardini

I recall with some clarity the beginning of many lasting friendships, especially the ones upon which I pivoted to meet a new world in myself. Friends have shaped who I am as a person. With friends, I come close to the being person I always intend on being. My friends are forgiving people. They know the me that turns up one day with a bad hair day mood is only the person I think I am at the time, not who I really am.There are mysteries in the heart of friendship. Why am I attracted to you? Why are you attracted to me? Why of all the people we know are we still friends after all these years? Do you know I’m me because of you? 

Baruch ata adonai...I am so profoundly grateful for the blessing of friendship. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment