Monday, February 18, 2013

May I Have the Courage to Share My Light

May I have the courage today
To live the life that I would love.
To postpone my dream no longer
But do at last what I came here for
And waste my heart on fear no more.
John O'Donohue

Last night at six in the evening it was still light out, and this seemed like a miracle to me. This morning there is sunshine. It's only mid February and minute by minute the days are expanding and the trees continue to blossom even more noticeably since last week. Soon, daffodils. The earth awakens from a long sleep and creation is on the upswing. Every year as I emerge from winter into the light, I feel as if I'm seeing it all for the first time.

Yesterday we went to the mountains to watch our grandchildren ski, and it was a glorious day of sunshine and observing children overcome fear and resistance as they sped down the hill and came to an abrupt stop just a few feet from me. They were delighted with themselves. There is a freedom and openness that accompanies light. We expand, believe in ourselves.

For several years I've been drawing cards I send to friends. For at least a year I've wanted to learn how to get them copied commercially in a way that makes them affordable and retains the energy of the original. I don't know how to do this and as I read the stanza from the John O'Donohue poem, I realized I've been postponing a dream, because I have a whole set of what-if fears in place. If you have experience in this area, please share it with me. There must be someplace online that does a bang up job. For today, I think I'll take a big step of courage and bring them to Kinkos as a place to start.

Baruch ata adonai...I don't know just what I came here for. Maybe I will never know. Maybe I need to assume each thing I do is what I was put here to do. May I have the courage to live a life of bravery and gutsiness. Thank you for the blessing of renewed health. May I have the courage to fearlessly share my light with others and to assure my "what-ifs" that I will protect them from their worst fears. Amen




1 comment: