Friday, February 1, 2013

Forget About Taking Things Personally

"When you refuse to take things personally, you avoid many upsets in your life. Your feelings of anger, jealousy--and even your sadness--will simply disappear if you don't take things personally." The Four Assumptions Cards

Oh this is so easy to say, and while I'm typing this I'm thinking of all the pain taking things personally has caused in my life. I think some people are only too happy to share their pain all over us and expect us to do something for them or feel less than if we can't create a cure. As for me, taking care of my own life is really all I can handle, and I do much better if I remember that. I make a fatal assumption if I assume I can understand what's going on in the inside of the people in my life, especially those closest to me.

On the healing front, after a crisis yesterday, dehydration, I think I'm turning the corner on this cold. And just in time. I hope I can get some painting done and then hit the streets in this gorgeous place.

Baruch ata adonai...I am so grateful for the women on this trip. They have been a great support and have had dehydrating drinks, homeopathics, kind words, to help me as I heal. Others have had health crises also. We are here for each other. What a gift. Thank you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment