Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A New Day


Three nights ago, nameless faceless terrorists crept in, claimed a part of my brain and made sure I didn't get to sleep until the early hours of the morning. By yesterday, I was dragging, sad and disappointed. I've had an up and down relationship with sleep for years and thought we had made peace with each other. For weeks I'd slept extraordinarily well, not something I experience often and nothing I wanted to jinx by telling anyone about. My treasure trove of dreams accumulated. Today is a new day. Sleep and then awakening returned. Such a normal rhythm, so hard to achieve or anticipate. I am so grateful.

Baruch ata adonai, thank you for sleep, for the opportunity today to be my own best self. Amen

1 comment:

  1. I have been waking up at 2:30 every night/morning. Sometimes I lay there thinking about how crapy my day is going to be because I am so tired. Sometimes I get up and clean the house or read or write. Lately I am trying to relax and just rest, telling myself that rest, while not as good as sleep, is better than nothing. Sometimes I even fall back asleep afterall.

    ReplyDelete