Saturday, August 11, 2012

Put Feet to Your Dreams


“Mom said dreaming was important and dreaming big was what set people apart. But Mom said there was a catch: ‘Dreams need feet, Peter. They’re not worth much stuck between your ears.’ Put feet on your dreams.” 
S. Peter Lewis, The Treehouse Chronicles. 

Every year about this time in the run up to the Jewish holidays, I begin to evaluate where I’ve been this past year and what I want to do and who and how I want to be in the coming year. It’s a process that culminates in the last of the holidays a month or so from now when I ask myself some really hard questions. This last year has been one of putting my feet into creating art. Is that what I want to continue to do? If I dream other impossible dreams, what might I come up with? 

Baruch ata adonai be with me during this time. Guide me in thoughtfulness. Help me to be friendly to my aging mind and body. Remind me I’m always capable of more than I think I am. Ground me in knowing what is really important. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment