Thursday, August 9, 2012

Taking Form With Every Breath


“What would it be like if you lived each day, each breath, as a work of art in progress? Imagine that  you are  masterpiece unfolding every second of every day, a work of art taking form with every breath.”
Thomas Crum, from www.thomascrum.com

What would it mean for  me to live as a work in progress today? My back is stiff from too much pilates or yoga, but I have a class today. I’ll do what I can. I am a masterpiece unfolding every second of every day...wow, that puts a lot of pressure on me. A masterpiece. I look at myself as if on an easel. Oh, you look a little tired there, dear. Please be gentle with yourself today. Would you be willing to smile a bit more, laugh a little at yourself? There, you’ve got it. I’ll put a lovely blue dot in your eyes. Perhaps if I place a bit of red in your cheeks...there. Look now. It’s early still. Breathe some life into yourself. Unfold gently. You’ve got all day. 

Baruch ata adonai, I feel much more gentle with myself at this early hour than I did a few minutes ago. I am a work in progress. No expectations or judgments. I am a tender growth. Be with me today. I need your shadow nearby. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment