Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Prompt that Found Me


“Language...has created the word ‘loneliness’ to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word ‘solitude’ to express the glory of being alone.”          Paul Johannes Tillich, From The Eternal Now
I found a couple of other prompts that got me thinking this morning but were too big for me to deal with. I tried to find another that would more suit me for the happy cabin days ahead. Instead the prompt that found me is this dichotomy that often tripped me up in the past. Even now sometimes tricky little worm thoughts intrude into solitude and whisper in my ear I’m lonely. 
Baruch ata adonai, be with me in the days ahead. Help me to remember the past always sews seeds that can come alive in the present. Just because I remember their names doesn’t mean I need to pick them up and smell them. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment