Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Gearing up


I believe real art, in whatever form it takes, is our essence revealed and expressed. And, to me, this act of courageously offering your essence to the world regardless of the reception is a powerful act of Love that benefits others. 
Ann O’Shaughnessy, Art as a Way of Life

This summer I haven’t been doing much art and parts of me are yearning to start again. I’m happy when I’m creating and open to inventing new worlds of color and designs, of going where I never intended to go but find myself painting my way into it nevertheless. I like the mess and the wondering. Right now so comfortable in my summer life of meandering, I sniff cooler elements in this morning’s air and know new purpose is near.

Baruch ata adonai in the middle of new challenges when I’m feeling frustrated and over my head, please remind me in the gentlest way so I can hear and not rebel against you, how much I love the challenge of jumping in and figuring out how to save myself. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment