Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Morning Prayer May 16, 2012

"Develop the heart. Too much energy in your country is spent developing the mind instead of the heart."
          --His Holiness the Dalai Lama

In the past few weeks my administrator has insisted I complete the tail end of two projects. "Get the projects finished and you have all summer to do art. Just one more week." I'm not sure I trust her. Once I would have pushed happily along until the job was done. Now finishing seems a heroic act. Meanwhile my studio is too clean. My heart needs me to make a mess. I can hardly sit here any more. That mess is so seductive.

Baruch ata adonai this morning my heart is winning. I am so grateful. Amen

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for you, Barbara, for getting your blog up and going!
    I love the books as background.
    Mary McElroy-Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for writing. It's strange to have this go out who knows where and how. I'm definitely forced to work on control issues? Love seeing your picture and imagine you getting ready to go off on your summer adventures.

      Delete
  2. true confession....
    i rarely find my hands without traces of paint anymore. when i am painting...i do not even notice these heralding splashes of passion. they are all tied up, as is my heart, in the act of pure exploration.
    but when i go off into the requirements of the day, they catch my eye with such a force i am seduced all over again and count the hours until i can return.

    yes, our hearts are winning!!!

    ReplyDelete