Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Staying Gentle with Myself

"We cannot escape fear. We can only transform it into a companion that accompanies us on all our exciting adventures....Take a risk a day--one small or bold stroke that will make you feel great once you have done it." --Susan Jeffers

A year ago, I had no idea I would continue to write morning prayers or create a blog to share them with others, or finish a book of prayers and drawings, or enjoy learning to paint on big canvases, or look at my doodles as an art form others would enjoy. Each began with a huge intimidating learning curve, then when I could see my way ahead, a mountain to climb, and along the way muscles to develop, wounds to heal, and a mind set to change. No small achievements.

I think most of the prayers I've been writing have to do with thinking much bigger than I have before and knowing I don't have to know what I'm doing to do it. I can keep taking steps, keep reaching out to others who know what I need to know, and staying gentle with myself. Yes. Staying gentle with myself. The biggest achievement of all.

Baruch ata adonai, Thank you for bringing me to this point in my life. I am grateful. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment