Monday, May 14, 2012

Morning Prayer Monday May 14, 2012

"How often--even before we have begun--have we declared a task impossible? And how often have we constructed a picture of ourselves as being inadequate?....A great deal depends upon the thought patterns we choose and on the persistence with which we affirm them."--Piero Ferrucci

I've used this prompt before when I was asked to do something that felt way too big for me, way out of my comfort zone, like swimming the length of a pool when I'm struggling to swim the width. Just sitting here, typing this first blog, my breathing rate has changed. "Take it bird by bird," Anne Lamott whispers, "and by the way, did anyone ask you to swim so far right off the bat? Is anyone sitting around with a stop watch?"

Baruch ata adonai I've done a lot of big projects. I imagine I can do this one too. Be with me as I imagine a new reality, as I find my blog becoming better and better as I learn how to do this first step and then another and the next after that. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment