Thursday, May 24, 2012

Trust the feeling of returning home

"I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer."
--F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby.

The first time I entered that lakeside forest was like returning home. Maybe that first memorable feeling came from a long forgotten book I read as a child. A little girl goes into the forest and discovers a hidden glowing cabin. She goes in the door and begins to dust and wash and add her own joy, and the cabin glows even brighter. She can imagine herself living there forever. We are packing now for our annual return to the world we bought shortly after that first look. I've survived many winters with thoughts of this little place and the special friends we have there. Now with summer nearly here, twenty-four years later, my magical life begins again, and each time I drive down that road I am returning home.

Baruch ata adonai when I trust myself to listen to my inner yearning, when I recognize how important it is to act on it's pleading, I make decisions that reward me forever. Thank you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment