Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Shake off Your Overwhelmed Self

"Sometimes the simplest and best use of our will is to drop it all...and just walk out from under the webs we've spun, the tasks we've assumed, the problems we have to solve. They'll be there when we get back, and maybe some of them will fall apart without our worry to hold them up." --Mark Nero

"This is a blank map that lets you go as far as you want in any direction, with no questions asked, but it's no help at all if you want to know if you're going the right way."--Storypeople

Some days I just have to put on my pink and red tutu, my chartreuse boa, my best tiara, the one I found on the beach with the green sea glass, lace up my purple ballet shoes, and put on Al Jarreau. My problems have nothing to do with me now. I move an arm gracefully to the side and put down a concern, and then the same with the other. I'm feeling good. I breathe and my whole being feels great. That surging beat fills me and I shake my body like crazy. Those problems belong to that other me who won't give herself a break.

Baruch at adonai,  I know you're shaking your head and saying, YES YES. You probably never pump your fist do you? I feel you filling me up. Thanks. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment