Friday, May 18, 2012

"We become so preoccupied with what we are not able to address, what we are not able to mend, what we are not able to leave behind, that we forget that whatever we are in the light of day is slowly, but surely, healing the rest of us."     --Mark Nepo

My whirlwind mind reels off thoughts that dash away and are replaced in mid sentence. Yesterday I saw the outline of a face on a painting I haven't been able to resolve and realized it will become a portrait of my busy mind. Before I went to bed, I decided to dump a pile of thoughts on a yellow notepad and told them to stay put until morning. Of course by then they had forgotten themselves just as I'd hoped.

Baruch ata adonai who I am in the light of day heals what the rest of me struggles with in the dark of night. I hope this is true. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment