Monday, October 22, 2012

God Is Creating Something New in Me Today

“The breezes at dawn have secrets to tell you, don’t go back to sleep.” Rumi

Today I awake, restored to life and a new day. It’s still dark. Barely morning. I know the outline of my day’s doings: an appointment with the physical therapist, walk with a friend at eleven, a class on the issues of the coming election in the mid afternoon, prepare dinner and watch the presidential debate. If even for a few minutes I paid exquisite attention to the spaces within and around these doings, made myself available to synchronicity, made myself available to the joy of possibilities, how might I be changed? I love this time of day, this time of planning and holding those plans lightly so discoveries may be made. What do I need to breathe into life today?

Baruch ata adonai...thank you for this new day. Open my eyes to what I am blind. Help me be awake to the small wonders that surround me. Please gently tap me on the shoulder and remind me there is nothing to be gained by being angry. Help me to be patient. Thank you. Amen




.

No comments:

Post a Comment