Saturday, October 13, 2012

Sometimes We're Seat-fillers


“....all seat fillers do is sit in the seat until the celebrity returns, and then they getup and give the seat back. The seat-filler waits for another opening...”  www.seeing-stars.com/showbiz

A friend who has a very up and joyful side wrote one evening to say her peace was eroding. I know the feeling; my sense of well being can drift away too, and some days I’m like the woman at a Hollywood award show slipping into the seat of a star who’s gone to the loo. One moment my seat is occupied by a body of nerves with a stomach situation and the next by a seat-filler having the time of her life. 

Baruch ata adonai...I’m thankful my life, at least so far this morning, is not teetering on the pivot point of well being, and if it does, may I be gentle with myself. If it happens I teeter today, may I recognize that for a short time, my seat might be filled by a woman having a bad day. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment