Monday, January 14, 2013

This One Thing Might Change Your Day

"How can something so simple be so profound, letting others go first, in traffic or in line at Starbucks, and even if no one cares or notices? Because for the most part, people won't care.... And they won't notice that you let them go ahead of you. They take it as their due. But you will know. And it can change your whole day...." Anne Lamott, Help Thanks Wow

Too often I'm very me first, what I have to say is so important that I need to say it right now. Too often I'm unsatisfyingly smug about letting you go ahead of me instead of merely feeling it is my pleasure to let you go first. Today I will say thank you if you let me go ahead of you instead of taking it as my due. I need to start practicing right now and there's no one up yet. So thank you for showing up to visit with me this morning. You make my day.

Baruch ata adonai...I'm still feeling frazzled after being away last week. Today may I be aware of how I'm treating others and act as if I remember they are standing in line waiting to talk with you too. Amen





2 comments:

  1. hank you for sharing. I am reading A Year's Journey with God by Jennifer Rees Larcombe. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, thanks for the suggestion and sharing. Barbara

    ReplyDelete