Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Are You Listening?

This morning many friends are in pain. Grandchildren, brothers. Today some face surgery, painful therapies. Some are healing and wondering if it will ever happen. I was awake six times last night. I'm sitting here groggily waiting for guidance.

"Get over yourself. Just get up, take a shower. Eat or don't eat. Open your eyes. It's a beautiful morning. Despite a few slipped thoughts, a few misplaced words, you are going to get up and move and be fine and make sure not to waste this day either. No. You are not going back to bed. Did you hear yourself? Are you even listening? This morning friends are in pain. Grandchildren, brothers. I'm sitting here waiting for you to listen to me."

Baruch ata adonai, I'm awake. I'm grateful. I'm healthy. I'm grateful. The air is cool and fresh. I breathe deeply. I am grateful. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment