Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I Start Today with a Smile

"A thought is harmless unless we believe it. It's not our thoughts, but the attachment to our thoughts, that causes suffering. Attaching to a thought means believing that it's true without inquiring. A belief is a thought we've been attaching to often for years." --Byron Katie, "Loving What Is."

"Things to do today: Exhale, inhale, exhale. Ahhhh."
                -- Jack Kornfield, Buddha's Little Instruction Booklet

The night before last passed ensnarled in old stories, judgments, perceptions, and attachments, so not as enjoyably as it could have. Yesterday in a mood to deal with myself, I did begin to read that unread book bought to better myself. I'll work through it a chapter a day. Meanwhile for today, three things to do: exhale, inhale, exhale. It will be a balm to keep today simple!

Baruch ata adonai you must laugh watching me turn myself inside out for no good reason, knowing I'll come to my senses: I'll breathe and listen to this morning's birds chirping and look and enjoy the sun and cool air streaming in my window, and use my hands to create art and feast on good food rather than dry old bones. And I'll keep today simple. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment