Thursday, June 28, 2012

We Know More Than We Think We Know

"We know more than we think we know....Perhaps our natural gifts elude us because they are so obvious."
           Sue Bender, Everyday Sacred


Inside me is a strong sense of a book I want to write, a course I want to teach. There is so much I don't know about the process of doing this and after all what do I have to say that hasn't been said. And so I chase my tail this morning. What are my natural gifts? What are my strengths? What is it I want to say? What do I know that everyone doesn't already know? What do I know I don't know I know? And I do think I know more than I think I know.

Baruch ata adonai help me hold these questions lightly so they don't get in the way of what is important today. I will savor the questions for awhile and then remember something I know: savoring this new day is more important than anything else. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment