Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Today You Are You. Good Luck.

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” 
                                       --Dr. Seuss
"May I be filled with loving kindness.
  May I be well.
  May I be peaceful and at ease.
  May I be happy."
                                      --The Loving Kindness Meditation


Today I want to take care of myself in every way I can. And I want a son who is in a bad patch just now to be able to take care of himself in every way he can. And probably it's best if I don't call him today to find out if he's doing that or not. I have too many good ideas. So much to share. As all parents know, loving kindness might just be not doing anything at all. 


Baruch ata adonai I pray he will be well. I pray he will be filled with loving kindness toward himself, that he will act in his own best interest. I pray he will know this fork in the road, which may well feel like a fork in his stomach, will lead him eventually to new strength. Be with him. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment