Thursday, June 21, 2012

Going for It

"One of the clearest signals that something healthy is afoot is the impulse to weed out, sort through, and discard old clothes, papers, and belongs....By tossing out the old and unworkable, we make way for the new and suitable....When the search-and-discard impulse seizes you, two crosscurrents are at work: the old you is leaving and grieving, while the new you celebrates and grows strong."
Julia Cameron, The Artist's Way


I feel a new exciting extension of what I'm doing with prayer and drawing coming. I've been asked to consider teaching a class on prayer writing. After a long time off, I'm starting to draw every night. Every night a new little lady arrives! I'm looking at my unfinished paintings and thinking, put them away again. One little lady with a zany wild look on her face has one foot in mid air and the other reaching up. She's saying, "I'm going for this whatever it might turn out to be." Yikes.

Baruch ata adonai, I know from my inner excitement just writing about this that something new is coming. What a great way to start this day. Amen


1 comment:

  1. We take on others pain as our own becuase we care. Vivian

    ReplyDelete